Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Interested in Summer Staff?

Many of you might be interested in our Summer Staff Program. Maybe you have either visited Harmons this year or you have read about it this summer. However, here is some information about Summer Staff that you might like to know.

Each year, Won By One To Jamaica hires qualified college students that commit to 12 weeks of work in Harmons for the summer. Summer staffers primarily invest in relationships with Jamaicans in Harmons and with the American team members who come down to serve.

Each summer staffer is assigned a job for the summer including: Spiritual Formation Leader (Phil and David), Worship Leader (David), Store Manager (me!), Hospitality Coordinator (Rachel), Work Site Coordinator (Chris and Colt), and the Community Outreach Coordinator (Debo). These different positions make up all the work that is done here in the summer.

To be eligible for summer staff, you must be at least 1 year out of high school, have experienced at least 1 week of mission work here in Harmons, your finished application and 3 references must be received, and you must complete a personal interview.

You have been reading all summer long about the different experiences we are having and really what the "meat" of being on summer staff is all about. From my own experience, I can tell you that this will most likely be one of the most challenging and stretching summers of your life. I can also tell you that without a doubt, it was one of the best decisions I ever made to commit to 12 weeks in Harmons. This summer was difficult, messy, hot and sweaty, and hard. But at the same time, it was absolutely beautiful. I grew more this summer than I ever have in a 3-month period. I learned more. I experienced love in a way that doesn't exist in the comfort and ease of life in the States. I experienced the front lines of spiritual battles. I became broken for this world. I saw God in people, in places, in experiences. And I was stretched so thin and was run so ragged that I lost myself so that Christ could be the one living in and through me.

If you have ever thought about doing summer staff, I urge you to pray, think, and talk about it. It is never too early to start preparing yourself for next summer! If you would like more information about summer staff, please visit www.wonbyonetojamaica.com. Or if you would like to ask anyone of us any specific questions about our summer here, please send us a message on facebook and I'm sure we will reply!

One Love,

Lacy

1 comment:

おっぱい said...

おっぱいにこだわりを持つおっぱいマニア必見!あなたが思う最高のおっぱいとは?たった15の質問で乳首の色から形・大きさまであなたの望む最高のおっぱいが暴かれるチョイエロ診断です!